Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in storage & computing, customers can reliably store their data on Amazon's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that enables customers to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere in the world. It provides all customers access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of websites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to the customers.
This position is for the S3 Replication team in Vancouver, Canada. Customers use replication to make copies of their S3 objects in AWS regions. The Replication Time Control, feature of the S3 Replication, provides a predictable replication time backed by a Service Level Agreement (SLA). The S3 Replication helps customers meet compliance or business requirements for replication and provides visibility into the replication process with new Amazon CloudWatch Metrics. You will focus on the challenges of writing software to handle the vast array of S3 use cases, with performance being the central binding theme. You will brainstorm new experiences with customers that break ground in enabling new enterprise workloads on S3. You will mentor a group of engineers to build solutions that impact a wide range of customers with a focus on standards in coding, testing, and delivery. The applicant for this role possesses solid analytical and problem-solving skills. The ability to translate technical requirements through all the levels of the software stack is essential. If this sounds like you, come join us and help AWS continue to write the cloud computing story for the industry.
Work-life Balance: Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so we're all able to maintain standards on behalf of our customers, while allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
On-Call Responsibility: S3 services are highly available, but sometimes we occasionally stray away from our normal operations. To minimize the impact of such excursions, we have on-call rotations. However, we set these up so there are focused time periods when you are on-call and when you are not, so you can focus on your day job when not on-call.
Mentorship & Career Growth: We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. You can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. Besides formal mentors, we work and train together, so we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusive Team Culture: We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering, and LGBTQ+BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong foundation in , structures, OO and core Computer Science concepts
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern OO programming language such as (prefrred), or C++
• Experience with building highly-available and scalable systems
• Understanding of networking protocols
• Understanding of how storage systems work
• Comfortable using environments
• Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• MS/Phd Degree in Computer Science
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming