Amazon S3, Software Development Engineer II
Reference ID: 748164
Do you want to build the next generation of large-scale globally distributed systems that are responsible for directing and processing every single S3 request (currently numbering in the billions per minute)? Are you a passionate problem solver? Do you like fast-paced work environments? Well, look no further than the Endpoints Control Team. This team is automating the management of our traffic routing, worldwide. We develop large-scale multi-tier services that make intelligent and context-aware decisions on how customers interact with S3's global fleet, directing the right customer request to the right server. This means the work you do directly contributes to the experience our customers have with S3. Our customers are always pushing us to keep innovating and growing so come and help us push the boundaries of what's possible with cloud storage!
As a Software Development Engineer on the S3 Frontend Endpoints Control Team, you will develop globally distributed services, that provide a rock solid and safe way of interacting with our fleet, using Kotlin, Java, Python, DynamoDB and SQS, on UNIX-flavored platforms. You will encounter challenges in the domains of performance optimization, redundancy and reliability, software defined networking, DNS, data modeling and forecasting & prediction. You will operate in a fast paced environment, following agile methodology with a high level of ownership. Expect to develop software today that impacts millions of customers tomorrow.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers with backgrounds and experience solving difficult challenges at large scale. Can you think big and simplify complex, sometimes never before seen, problems? Can you own a challenge and deliver results all the while maintaining high standards for your customers? If this describes you then please apply today!
• Designing, developing, testing and deploying globally distributed multi-tier services that delight our customers
• Diving deep into problem domains such as: distributed services, DNS, performance optimization & networking
• Participating in an agile environment with a high degree of ownership
• Interacting with key team stakeholders across Amazon Web Services
• Mentoring and providing ongoing feedback to junior engineers
• Constantly reviewing and critiquing our software development tools and practices to ensure we are leading the way
• Developing and contributing to our awesome team culture
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of professional software development experience
• Track record of successfully launching projects of significant complexity
• Strong customer focus: understanding of what customers expect from their compute infrastructure, passion for delivering on these problems, and satisfying those customers
• Software development experience with distributed systems
• Able to debug, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues
• MS/Phd Degree in Computer Science
• 5+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience with Amazon EC2, S3, or similar elastic computing and storage facilities
• Deep understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
• Proven track record of designing, building and delivering high quality software on time
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Posted: June 13, 2019
Closes: August 12, 2019