Are you inspired to work with a team than launches products with direct and massive impact on Amazon's customers? Are you excited to join one of the newest and most exciting AWS services?
Amazon Connect is a highly disruptive cloud-based contact center that enables businesses to deliver engaging, dynamic, and personal customer service experiences. Amazon Connect is the result of the ten years of development that went into building the tools Amazon uses to provide its award winning customer service at massive scale and launching it as a publicly available AWS service. With Amazon Connect, you can create your own cloud-based contact center and be taking calls in minutes. Amazon Connect leverages the power of Artificial Intelligence and the large ecosystem of AWS services such as Amazon Lex, Amazon Polly, AWS Lambda, Amazon S3 and Amazon Kinesis to provide a truly frustration free, easy-to-use, extensible, and natural customer experience. With this technology, we are transforming an industry and the way customers interact with businesses and how agents service them. See our section in Andy Jassy 2020 re:Invent keynote
We're seeking a Business Insights Analyst to join our newly created GTM & Partner team responsible for setting Connect's all-up GTM strategy. Data analysis is at the core of Amazon's culture, and our Business Insights Analyst will have a direct impact on the GTM investments we make and how we measure success. A successful candidate will distill complex questions into simple recommendations, and thoughtfully shape how senior leaders make key decisions. You will have the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing AWS businesses and influence leaders at a critical moment in our business development. This position requires high judgment, excellent analytical abilities and exceptional communication skills. As the ideal candidate, you will be passionate about your work, detail-oriented, analytical, and possess creative problem-solving abilities. You will need to demonstrate subject matter expertise in querying and extracting large datasets and the accompanying tools and programming languages needed to work with them. You will possess good communication and project management skills, is customer obsessed and able to communicate complex business insights; both verbally and in writing; in a clear and precise manner. You also thrive in a highly matrixed organization where your partners will be in Sales, AWS Partner Network (APN), Finance, and across our Connect team.
As a Business Insights Analyst, you dive deep into Amazon Connect's revenue, sales pipeline, and partner results to identify trends - geographical, segments/industries, or any other trends. You will then synthesize the analytics creating insightful recommendations by applying your analytical and business skills to drive GTM recommendations. As the successful candidate, you must be able to roll-up your sleeves and work directly with large and complex datasets. You will continuously evolve business reporting, conduct data analysis, build self-service reporting and analytical tools, and deliver business insights in an environment of rapid growth and increasing complexity. You will use insights to challenge, guide and illuminate Connect's GTM strategies, which directly influences how we reach our customers. A successful leader will work closely with our Sales Operations teams that own the Connect pipeline and associated analytics, Finance partners that own all-up reporting, and other teams depending on where the data leads you!
This team is a great fit for you if
• You enjoy working with a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that are working together towards a common goal.
• You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in working on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
• You'd like to be directly responsible for solving real customer problems.
• You are a passionate learner and are motivated to take on new challenges.
Learn more about Amazon Connect here.
Find Media Coverage on Connect here, here and here
Power of Amazon Connect:
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis on statistical and analytical skills
• Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Operations Research or other quantitative field•
• 5+ years of experience in data mining and dataset preparation using SQL
• 5+ years of experience in data visualization tools like Tableau
• Experience in designing and building data infrastructure / automated reporting toolsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven experience in BI/DW providing strategic research, recommendations, and implementation in both business and technical roles
• Familiarity with Amazon's cloud infrastructure including EC2, S3 and Redshift
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis clearly to a diverse audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
• Experience with Python or other relevant scripting language
• Experience with relational database design and architecture
• Experience visualizing data in Tableau or other relevant data visualization software
• Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency in relational databases (Redshift, RDS, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.) and SQL for querying and extracting data
• Proficiency in at least programming languages (Python, Java, R, etc.) for data gathering, data cleansing and statistical analysis
• Expertise in data visualization software (QuickSight, Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView, etc.) for effective data presentation
• Creative and analytical thinking to generate interesting approaches to answering business questions
• Strong and effective written and oral communication to clearly convey data findings
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.