Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you'll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC's eGaming platform, and much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position.Job Summary:
The Agile Coach enables the adoption of an agile mindset, practices and methods to help Agile delivery teams deliver more of what our players want, more frequently. This role has the accountability to make decisions, improve the processes, and work with various stakeholders to ensure the team is delivering to the goals and backlogs in place. This role is instrumental in setting up the team, working through the details of roles and accountabilities, supporting and keeping the team on track and focused, and ensuring that the principles and ceremonies in Agile are followed. Role and Responsibilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Ensures that Agile teams are working in alignment with the Agile strategy for Business Technology. Participates in the development of the Agile strategy for Business Technology.
- Coaches one to four cross-functional Agile team(s) for collaboration; aligns team members to the Agile vision, supporting them in taking greater ownership of their work and ways of working, coordinating dependencies and promoting alignment with other Agile teams and their Product Owners, domain experts, and Pod Manager.
- Facilitates the development of Agile knowledge within the team, driving the adoption of Agile practices, conversations and behaviors throughout the lifecycle of each Agile team, from powerful team start-ups through the stages of forming, storming, norming and high-performing.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of stakeholders to ensure adoption, smooth delivery, lessons learned and future direction of teams. Works closely with Directors in both the Business and BT areas, Pod Managers, Product Owners, Specialty and Product Teams.
- Manages the development of Agile teams' ability, skills and experiences in the areas of agile execution, product backlog health, agile metrics, roles, behavior and technical excellence demonstrated by:
- Efficient and productive Agile ceremonies, enabling the team to focus on business value and continuously improve workflow
- Meeting work commitments through using agile practices and metrics, with realistic capacity plans and estimates;
- Actively focusing on becoming more T-skilled in relevant domain areas;
- Growing business domain knowledge, and understanding connections between own work and business value;
- Collecting regular feedback in and outside of ceremonies. Action items are created, and prioritized in the backlog for future sprints.
- Designs and builds processes/practices that enable future agility e.g. technical components are developed in a way that enables small components to be deployed more frequently and independently.
- Responsible for ensuring the team has the necessary skills and processes to remove blocking impediments as they arise.
- Reinforces key topics, new standards and/or introduces new techniques emerging from the Agile Practice Capability area, with a view to promoting the quality of products and deliverables on an ongoing basis
- Establishes a positive, creative and supportive work environment, building engaged teams that are aligned with BCLC's vision, mission and values.
Education and Experience
Other Capabilities & Skills:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Minimum of three to 5 years of Management experience with exposure to the following areas;
- Direct people and team management
- Scrum Master or Process Improvement Role
- Project Management or Delivery Management Role
- Understanding of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Applied experience of Agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, and Lean with an demonstrated understanding of the key behaviors and principles that enable high performing Agile teams.
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM1 at minimum) certification would be an asset
- Experience working directly with business partners in a leadership role would be an asset
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry an asset.
- Inspires other and leads by example applying agile techniques and modeling agile team behaviors to own work
- Adaptable with demonstrated understanding that success is measured by the growth and success of an Agile team.
- Exceptional communication and facilitation skills with ability to express goals and new ideas clearly to the team, give direct feedback, welcome comments, questions and feedback.
- Disciplined with ability to provide constant and consistent messaging and approach to ensure each team member learns new practices, adopts a new mindset, develops new skills and adapts to changing priorities more successfully.
- Strong process engineering skills with ability to apply them to new Agile delivery team(s) and to implement continual improvement as a result of learning and feedback (technology, people, process).
- Demonstrated servant-leadership, change management, training, facilitation and mentorship skills
- Ability to take a strategic perspective, taking successes from one team and determining how to best apply these learnings across multiple teams while supporting delivery of broader agile strategic initiatives.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders including business unit leaderships, capability owners, other technical teams.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm to foster high performing team(s) and keeping the team engaged.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative.
- Ability to use common Agile workflow management tools (such as Jira) and practices (such as Kanban, Scrum, Lean).
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians with the primary purpose of giving back to the province.
- Operate provincial, national and "Instant Win" in partnership with over 3500 lottery retailers across the province.
- Oversee 34 casino and community gaming centres across the province.
- Provide safe, secure and legal online gambling options including sports betting, casino style games and lottery.
In the fiscal year prior to the pandemic, we gave over $1.4 billion back to the province to support healthcare, education, community groups, and much more.
To help us achieve this goal, we aim to have the healthiest players in the world by establishing a higher standard of support with evidence-based player health programs.
To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options.
Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates from outside BC.
If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com
For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: www.corporate.bclc.com.
Ready to join our team? Please Note:
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated from Covid-19 (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.