Advisor, Total Rewards Position Overview Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a Platinum Best Employer for 2019 Human ResourcesBCAA is hiring
for a regular full-time Advisor, Total Rewards
. Reporting to the Manager, Compensation and Systems, the Advisor, Total Rewards
will be responsible for providing key analytical and compensation-related support for BCAA's People and Development (P&D) department.
Interacting with all levels of management and team members, the Advisor, Total Rewards will support the execution of BCAA's compensation strategy through the delivery of compensation related programs, ensuring BCAA attracts, retains, and engages vital talent. What BCAA offers you:
It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being announced as a Platinum Best Employer for 2019 and Top 50 Employers for Young People - 2015.
•Great compensation packages, including bonus
•We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members offering, Automotive Apprenticeship and Leadership Development programs.
•We have an amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
•Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
•We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
•We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.Key Responsibilities Include Compensation Delivery and Analysis (50%)
• Under the direction of the Manager, Compensation and Systems, provides support in the design, development, and implementation of various compensation programs, initiatives, and policies.
• Supports job evaluation and reclassification meetings with the business, including the preparation of supporting documentation and analyses.
• Supports BCAA's participation in annual compensation market surveys and analyzes the competitiveness of the organization's existing total compensation offerings relative to the external market.
• Assists with the planning, communication and administration of BCAA's year-end compensation process, including performance reviews, salary adjustments, and incentive payments.
• Research external best practices to identify key trends and assess impact on current programs, and offer recommendations based on analysis. HR Metrics (20%)
• Conducts ad hoc compensation analyses to support key decision making and reporting on both new and existing P&D programs (e.g. collective bargaining, diversity, department-specific initiatives). HRIS Support (20%)
• Provide configuration and testing support in advance of BCAA's upcoming implementation of the Workday HRIS.
• Maintains Workday compensation reports and provide system administration back-up. Other
• Perform other duties and/or project work as assigned by the Manager, Compensation and Systems. Minimum Qualifications Education
• Completion of an applicable post-secondary diploma (e.g. Human Resources, Finance, Statistics, Management Information Systems, or related program), or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience
• 4-6 years in Human Resources (or an equivalent combination of experience and education). Skills
• Proficiency with MS Office - Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, with advanced proficiency in Excel (vlookups, Pivot Tables, index/match formulas)
• A solid understanding of the various human resources functions, with an ability to 'connect the dots' between the numbers and broader business objectives.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to be innovative, creative, proactive, well organized and able to multi-task
• Strong project management skills
• Proven initiative coupled with good analytical skills Preferred Qualifications:
• 1-3 years in a Compensation-related role preferred
• Experience with business analysis, salary surveys, and/or salary administration
• Experience working with a unionized environment
• Exposure to labour/compensation market surveys, job evaluation and job analysis models
• Familiarity with HR systems including Applicant Tracking and HRIS systems Background Check:
• Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check. Job Status
Regular Full Time (RFT) Location Name
Head Office (Burnaby) Location Name
British Columbia [BC] Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
Employees interested in being considered for this position must complete the online internal application form
for the posted position on or before the closing date. Please note that only applications from internal candidates with a recent performance rating of "Successful"
or higher will be accepted, unless advised otherwise by the current manager and/or Manager, People Services.
Posted: December 10, 2018
Closes: February 8, 2019