Join our team
TELUS is looking for a trusted partner who can provide administrative support for the executive assistant to the President of Telus.
You will be part of a team working at the heart of a major network, managing information flow skillfully and effectively. You are always on the job, ready to do your own work and help others succeed. Why not start honing your skills while forging close ties with senior management? Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
You will bring administrative efficiency to the team, making the division's current operations run smoothly. You will flourish in an environment that is highly confidential and changing constantly.
If you think you are known for your exceptional performance and are a helpful, cooperative people person, this is the job for you! Here's how
• Managing emails and following each one up diligently
• Managing and coordinating the agenda in Microsoft (MS) Outlook
• Planning and booking business travel or corporate events
• Drawing up and comprehensively managing expense accounts
• Following up on and coordinating requests for donations and sponsorships
• Drawing up purchase orders and arranging for payment of invoices for materials and/or services
• Organizing, updating and filing confidential files
• Updating reports, distribution lists and databases
• Managing logistics for both internal and outside meetings: booking conference rooms, ordering meals, printing documents, providing lists of attendees, obtaining biographies, getting rooms ready, etc
• Making information searches, as needed
• Performing all other related administrative tasks, such as answering and forwarding phone calls and messages; receiving, opening and taking note of the mail and forwarding it to the right people, making copies, faxes and scans, mailing, sending parcels, etc
• Ensuring the proper management and approval of individual and corporate expenses, and creating budget reports as required
• Proactively managing the executive's calendar, including booking travel arrangements
• Anticipating needs and create solutions to make things easier for the executive Qualifications:You're the missing piece of the puzzle
•College diploma in administrative techniques and 5 years of experience, or a great deal of experience combined with a different academic background
•Proficiency in MS Office especially in Outlook
•Excellent organizational skills, particularly the ability to juggle different tasks and responsibilities at the same time
•Outstanding verbal and written skills
•Absolute sense of discretion and confidentiality
•Proven ability to work at a rapid and sustained pace
•Initiative, autonomy and ability to quickly adapt to an environment that is changing all the time
•Intermediate knowledge in Google G-Suite
•Recognized as being highly collaborative and a strong communicator
•Known to have exceptional judgment and organizational skills
•Regarded as highly adaptable, agile and calm/poised when faced with change and/or ambiguity
•Respected for maintaining discretion and confidentiality in in all interactions, especially with sensitive matters
•Noted for your curiosity, learning and continuous improvement mindset
•Sought out for your 5 or more years of experience supporting executive leadership in a large, corporate environment
•Expert with Microsoft (MS) Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Knowledge of SAP
•Gathering, co-ordinating and/or preparing the necessary information, materials (presentations, reports, etc.) and resources for meetings and events
•Reviewing request, summarizing and communicating information to appropriate stakeholders
•Prioritizing and adjusting priorities in a fast paced, changing environment with agile efficiency to meet deadlines
•Leading or supporting a variety of projects ranging from small and straightforward to large and complex Skills
•Process driven - expenses, ticket tracking, travel planning
•End to end project management
•Proactive not reactive
•Ability to establish and maintain relationships
•Adaptable, thrives in chaos, confident, focused
•Importance of taking accountability and owning things
•Strong time management skills, ability to prioritize and multi task
•Problem solving skills
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.