ABOUT THE COMPANY
New Beta Innovation Canada Limited (NBI-CA) is a preclinical stage life sciences organization in Burnaby, BC. Leveraging on our expertise in research and development, we are transforming drug discovery into clinical applications for unmet medical needs. We have ongoing collaborations with top universities worldwide on various research projects, with distinguished achievements in the areas of oncology, neurology, ischemic and hypoxic conditions.
Our state-of-the-art GMP manufacturing facilities and laboratories in Greater Vancouver are home to a growing team of professionals who are inspired to develop advanced life-saving hemoglobin-based therapeutics for the well-being of people.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager/ Manager, the incumbent will provide a broad range of assistance in accomplishing the duties and responsibilities of the department in a timely and professional manner. This person will ensure that day-to-day office operations run smoothly.
- Assist in facility improvement and upkeep including general office areas and base building systems
- Maintain accurate computerized information of access grants for the facilities at the Canada site, and manage access control by facilitating access requests
- Oversee the facility security system and ensure that components are consistently maintained in good working condition
- Coordinate facility repair work through landlord or approved contractor
- Search for and communicate with vendors, review quotes and proposals and coordinate with contractors for various services while ensuring work carried out is per their statement of work
- Initiate contract and Purchase Requisition renewal process prior to tenure expiry for maintenance services and conduct vendor evaluation periodically
- Prepare and submit electronic purchase orders and payment requisitions, and track vendor billings against purchase order or approved budget
- Assist in budget preparation and monitor administrative expenses, keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Organize travel arrangements, catering and assist in company events
- Coordinate office planning, fitting out and furnishing projects
- Assist with business documentation and document drafting, formatting, editing and conduct research on an as required basis (SOP revisions and Pest Management Reports)
- Provide support to operational teams as required
- Assist with management reporting and provide executive support as needed
- Support the development and implementation of department policies, procedures and initiatives
- Perform other tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum 1-year experience in an administrative support role in a large and fast-paced office environment or combined experience and post-secondary education in a relevant field
- General understanding of office management and protocols and familiarity with using office equipment
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, proficiency in documentation and maintaining filing systems
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to effectively interact with all individuals using a customer-focused approach
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to ensure deadlines are met whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Demonstrates resourcefulness, strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to act with tact, good judgment, and discretion; sensitivity to confidential matters is required
WHY JOIN NBI?
The best reason is because of our wonderful people and great work environment. If you are looking for a career with meaning and purpose, it’s hard to beat working in life sciences. We provide an attractive compensation and benefits package which recognizes people for their contributions, and comprehensive training and career development opportunities which support our employees’ growth with the company.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to APPLY today!