Acting Team Lead Position Overview Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a Platinum Best Employer for 2019
BCAA's Yaletown Service Location has an opening for a Regular Full-time Acting Assignment (with an end date of approximately August 8, 2020) - Team Lead
. We are looking for a driven insurance professional dedicated to delivering amazing Member experiences and continuous revenue growth through the consultative selling of BCAA's products and services, with a focus on homeowners' and travel insurance.
The Acting Team Lead, Service Location is a source of positive brand impressions and builds long-lasting relationships with all of our Members by reviewing coverages and making recommendations and through cross-selling other BCAA products and services. Under the leadership of the Assistant Manager, Service Location or Manager, Service Location the Team Lead, Service Location is responsible for supporting the daily sales operations by providing on-the-floor expertise and coaching, assisting Members as needed, and implementing and promoting BCAA's corporate initiatives, standards and practices. The Team Lead, Service Location collaborates with the Service Location team to ignite unparalleled Member loyalty that enables BCAA to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia. What's the status?
Regular Full-Time (end date approximately August 8, 2020)What are the hours?
35 hour work week What BCAA offers you:
It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being announced as a Platinum Best Employer for 2019 and Top 50 Employers for Young People - 2015.
•Great compensation packages, including bonus
•We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members offering, Automotive Apprenticeship and Leadership Development programs.
•We have an amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
•Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
•We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members. Key Responsibilities Include Financial Growth and Productivity
Responsible for supporting the sales & service team to the achievement of corporate financial and productivity goals through the acquisition of new business and retention of current business by:
• Selling and upgrading BCAA products and services to new and renewing Members
• Consultative in-person or over the phone sales, acquires new home and travel insurance sales; where required and with the appropriate qualifications, acquires new BCAA Memberships and additional products and services
• Renews home and travel insurance policies by reviewing current coverages and making recommendations; where required and with the appropriate qualifications, renews BCAA Memberships and additional products and services
• Reviews product terms and conditions including, but not limited to, coverages, limits and exclusions, to limit errors and omissions
• Deepens Member relationships through cross-selling other BCAA products and services
• Creates and follows up on future business leads and upcoming renewals
• Collaborates with BCAA and other supplier's Underwriters
• Meets all prescribed sales, business-building and retention targets, and BCAA and AAA/CAA Member experience goals, best practices, standards and Underwriting guidelines. Managing Member/customer accounts and concerns
• Processing and managing Member/customer documents People Leadership and Engagement
Contributes to a high-energy, effective work environment by:
• Assisting with consistent and disciplined coaching
• Communicating the alignment of corporate, team and individual goals
• Recognizing team members
• Supporting personal development plans
• Injecting positive energy and fun into the workplace Member Experience
• Supports the overall location, by leading with a one-team approach across all Member-facing channels
• Initial point of contact for all Member queries and escalations
• Assisting Members, as needed Disciplined Risk Management
• With the leadership team, responsible for ensuring the locations operations, document processing and Member interactions are in compliance with corporate and insurance partner standards and policies.
• Supports back-up reconciliation of ICBC and NEAT Systems
• Completion of opening and closing activities and adherence to security requirements
• Fortifies the team's disciplined risk management practices through document review, documentation and coaching
• Ensures adherence to audit and underwriting standards to minimize risk and limit potential for errors and omissions, develops and executes action plans where required
• Documents and notifies the leadership team of any potential risk issues or concerns Acquires and maintains industry, product and systems knowledge
• Maintains a working knowledge of all BCAA Membership and insurance manuals, best practices, standards, policies and systems
• Attends required BCAA and industry training courses
• Keeps up-to-date with industry knowledge and competitor's product offerings
• Maintains annual insurance licensing requirements Other duties, as assignedMinimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
•Completion of Grade 12•3 current and consecutive years of general insurance experience, with 1 year experience in selling homeowners' insurance•Level 2 insurance license and able to obtain Level 3 license within two years from start date in position•Completion of Autoplan Essentials•Sales coaching and/or training experience, including individual and team sessions•Demonstrated sales productivity and selling skills, with proven ability to balance customer needs, disciplined risk management and revenue growth•Ability to meet prescribed sales, business-building, retention and customer satisfaction targets and objectives •Demonstrated multi-tasking skills and proven ability to prioritize activities •Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills•Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment and maintain a high level of professionalism•Proven judgment and decision-making abilities. Must be able to consider costs and benefits of potential products in order to make appropriate recommendations.•Proven critical thinking abilities. Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.•Strong computer skills with basic knowledge of MS Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)Preferred Qualifications
•Level 3 licensed insurance or CAIB certification•Completion of BCAA insurance-related and leadership training•Knowledge of applicable BCAA and ICBC systems•Limited history of errors & omissions and in good standing with the Insurance Council of BC•Ability to speak alternate languages that would support particular market demographicsBackground Check:
•Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.Division
CXO Job Status
Regular Full Time (RFT) Date Added
11/28/2018 Location Name
British Columbia [BC] Pay Class
Hourly Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED. BEFORE APPLYING FOR A POSITION, CLICK ON THE VIEW JOBS SECTION TO ENSURE THIS POSTING IS ACTIVE.
Did You Know: BCAA provides four hours of paid time off through the new BCAA Volunteer Program to help the charity of your choice?Please Note
you will be required to successfully complete background checks, which may include criminal, credit, credential and reference checks for employment with BCAA.