The position is a part of the Richmond General Accounting group, responsible for the month-end close and monthly/quarterly reporting for Richmond operating entities as well as for Corporate entities and is expected to be for an approximate four month term to the end of February 2019.
Duties include preparing and processing journal entries, reconciling GL accounts including intercompany accounts, providing support to the Accounting Supervisor, GL and acting as backup and providing support for other staff in GL, AR and AP groups. The candidate will also assist with various other accounting and administrative functions within the team.
The candidate should be comfortable working in a busy, deadline-oriented, team environment. Responsibilities
- Prepare month-end journals including providing necessary supporting schedules and backup
- Assist with month-end processing of GL journals including entering/loading journals from projects, departments and other business areas into the Baan and LN financial systems.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for various GL accounts, including providing necessary explanations, analysis and supporting documentation.
- Prepare monthly intercompany reconciliations, including identifying, investigating and resolving any differences with counterparts in other locations.
- Compile and maintain month-end reconciliation binders
- Assist accounting team in responding to internal and external queries and ad-hoc information requests (such as government or year-end audits) by researching, locating, copying and documenting findings
- Perform general administrative tasks such as maintenance of accounting document archives and extraction, copying and filing of documents
- Provide coverage for members of GL and the AR/AP sub-ledger teams during any staff leaves or vacations
- At least 2 years of accounting work experience, with some at GL level, doing reconciliations or account analysis.
- Enrollment and significant progress in a professional accounting program (CPA or equivalent) and/or an accounting/business diploma, degree or equivalent.
- Working experience on an accounting system is required, with previous GL experience with BAAN, Infor LN, or any other ERP system an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, particularly, MS Word and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills needed to work effectively with staff in other departments and locations.
- Ability to work in a busy work environment with frequent interruptions to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and varied tasks.
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong team player who is flexible, versatile and able to provide assistance wherever needed to meet team and department deadlines.
Positions are based in Richmond, BC
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: February 19, 2019
Closes: April 20, 2019